Pinking shears are essential for accurately shaping fabric pieces, marking a crucial step in garment preparation. However, if you’re left-handed, you’ve probably experienced difficulty cutting out many things using the wrong-handed shears.
The best left handed pinking shears are the Fiskars Paper Edgers. These shears are reliable and sharp. The steel blades cut materials with clean, accurate edges and can cut through numerous layers of fabric. Plus, they’re interchangeable between left- and right-handed users.
Fortunately, you can make your life a lot easier by investing in the correct type of shears, and I have found some of the best options available to share with you!
1. Fiskars Paper Edgers
The Fiskars Paper Edgers are primarily advertised as paper-cutting scissors but they are also great for using with lightweight fabrics.
They are also great for cutting other materials from plastic, cardboard and paper making them a great pair of scissors for crafting.
There is no definition within the listing that these scissors are left-handed use only but due to the relaxed design they have been found to work well for both left and right-handed users.
These scissors may be more suitable as embroidery scissors cutting off loose threads, tidying up edges of the work and hemming around the finished fabric pieces.
- Consistently sharp.
- High-grade stainless-steel blades.
- Rounded blade tips.
- May cause snags on non-woven fabrics.
- The blades are set on plastic, which may hinder heavy usage.
2. Hemline H388 Shears
The Hemline H388 shears have a soft handle that ensures extra comfort when cutting fabric. They’re also suitable for use by left- and right-handed users and in all fabric types.
The left-handed scissors are perfect for anyone looking to create that serrated edge on a seam or to help reduce bulk within a garment or project.
The pinking blade is made from stainless steel and is high quality so you can rely on these pinking shears to be accurate and precise every single time.
- High-quality stainless steel blades prevent fraying.
- Ball-bearing joint creates an even pressure resulting in a smooth cutting action.
- A comfortable fit handle makes them easy to use.
- Short blades may slow down cutting.
- They’re a bit heavy and may require extra effort when using them.
3.Hui Tong Strong & Sharpe Pinking Shears
Suitable for both left and right-handed people, the Hui Tong Strong & Sharpe Pinking Shears are made from stainless steel and capable of cutting various fabrics, including denim, leather, and other flexible materials.
These serrated pinking shears are ideal for cutting through numerous layers of satin and silk that call for a precise, crisp cut.
The soft grip handle makes using these for long periods of time comfortable and easy to use.
As they come with a powder coated blade this creates a resistant jagged edge making the cutting line more precise and accurate. Meaning your fabrics won’t fray or unravel after being cut with these pair of scissors.
- comfortable grip
- Includes a powder-coated blade
- Sharp blades
- The thumbhole is narrow and allows no flexibility, which may be uncomfortable if you have large hands.
4. Prym – 23cm Pinking Shears
Prym is a well-known sewing brand that has a whole host of different products from sewing clips to scissors and sewing boxes.
The pinking shears are not specifically designed for left-handed people but can be used as the design of the pinking scissors are easily transferred and comfortable to use even in the left hand.
The cutting blade is made from stainless steel and so you can expect sharp and precise cutting every time. Though be sure to only use on fabric as to not dull the blades.
- Stainless steel
- Suitable for both left & right-handed users
- Can be used with leather
- Though suitable may not be the comfiest for left-handed users
5. Fiskars Easy Action Pinking Shears 10.5 Inch
Fiskars are one of the leading brands when it comes to cutting tools, especially scissors and rotary cutters.
These pinking shears are different in style as they have more of a lever for the thumb than a dedicated handle in which the thumb sits. This makes them perfect for both left and right-handed users.
The scissors boast a comfortable handle for long use and can cut many different types of fabric.
The Fiskars pinking shears are more than capable of cutting through multiple layers of fabric making them heavy-duty and easy to use.
- Spring-action design gently opens blades after each cut to reduce hand strain
- Suitable for left & right handed users
- Perfect for fabric and multiple layers
- May not be suitable for those with arthritis