Tools & Equipment
- 1/2-yard flannel fabric for main (front) ($5.49 per yard at JoAnn)
- 1/2-yard flannel fabric for secondary (back)
- PDF – Flannel Baby Burp Cloths Pattern
- Matching thread
- Sewing pins or clips
- Turning tool
- Iron and ironing board or iron mat
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Approximate time to complete: 15-20 minutes
- Approximate cost to make: $2.75 (you can make two burp cloths per ½ yard of fabric)
- Approximate finished size: 10” x 19”
Print Out The PDF Pattern
Cut Into Fabric
Step 1: Use your pattern to cut one piece of the main (outside) and one of the secondary (inside) fabric.
Step 2: Place the pieces right sides together and pin or clip the pieces in place.
Step 3: Using a using a 1/2 “seam allowance, leaving a 3-4” opening on one end, sew around the bib.
Step 4: Cut notches out of the curves and using your turning tool, turn the burp cloth right side out. Using a warm iron, press around the edges. Make sure to press the raw edges of the opening inward. Using a ¼” seam allowance, top stitch around the burp cloth, closing the opening as you go.